For our latest poll, held in advance of Safer Internet Day on February 5, we are collaborating with our mobile network partner FLOW (who provide free SMS for U-Reporters to use our service) to also include a video contest. U-Reporters can do more than answer poll questions, but get more involved by creating and sharing videos under 1-minute long that encourage people to be informed, careful and kinder to others online!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
TO ENTER THE CONTEST
- The contest starts on Friday, 1 February 2019, and ends midnight on Safer Internet Day, Tuesday, 5 February 2019.
- Participants must be users aged 13-29 who are signed up to U-Report.
- If you are already a U-Report user, you will receive a message (via SMS or Facebook Messenger) from the U-Report Jamaica team and be invited to enter the contest. You will be asked to provide your name, phone number and age. If you are not yet a U-Reorter, you must text us the keyword “SAFER” and sign up to U-Report first before being able to enter the contest.
- If you use U-Report via Facebook Messenger, you can submit your video through that messenger. If you use SMS, you must upload your video somewhere publicly first (for example on any social media platform) and text us the public link to it.
- Your video must be your own and you must own the copyright of the storyline and concept. The maximum length of the video must be 60 seconds.
- If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you must discuss your interest in taking part of this contest with your parents/guardians BEFORE participating. Only participants below the age of 18, whose parents/guardians have given consent, will be considered as potential finalists.
SELECTION PROCESS, WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT AND PRIZES
- The submitted videos will be reviewed by the U-Report Youth Council members and Cable and Wireless Jamaica Limited (“FLOW”) staff members. They will select the winners of the 10 best videos.
- The winners will be announced to all U-Report users on Friday, 8 February 2019 via text message and on the Jamaica U-Report website.
- FLOW will also contact the winners by telephone and text message. FLOW will make 3 attempts to contact each winner. Should the winner not answer after 3 attempts, then FLOW will contact the next-placed entrant.
Prizes are as follows: 1st, Samsung J2 Core smartphone; 2nd, Playster Combo tablet; 3rd, Vonino smartphone; and seven runners-up, J$500 FLOW credit each.
- UNICEF, U-Report and FLOW will feature submitted videos at its own discretion – including on websites, social media or in any other medium, digital and print.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering the contest, you accept the following terms and conditions. If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you represent that a parent or legal guardian also agrees to these terms and conditions on your behalf.
DATA PRIVACY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You confirm that you are the owner of your submission, including the creative treatment, visual representation, storyline, and concept, and that no third party has any right or claim to your submission. The copyright in your submission will remain your property, but by entering the contest, you grant to UNICEF, its assigns, licensees and successors, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, worldwide license to use, edit, adapt, modify, store, copy, reproduce, publicly display, distribute, publish, and disseminate your video, including your creative treatment, visual representation, storyline, and concept for UNICEF’s communication purposes. You acknowledge and agree that UNICEF is not obligated to use your video for the use of which you have granted the right to UNICEF hereunder. UNICEF will credit you by using your name whenever possible when using your video.
By participating, you agree to release, discharge, defend and hold harmless UNICEF, its assigns, licensees, successors, representatives, the selection panel, donors, partners, and any party associated with the development or administration of the contest, from any and all liability in connection with the contest or any contest-related activities, including without limitation, legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demand or actions of any kind.
UNICEF reserves the right to reject submissions that we deem abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of any laws, including copyright or trademark laws, or otherwise unacceptable. Submissions must be suitable to be broadcasted, publicly displayed, published or used online by UNICEF for audiences of all ages.
UNICEF will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, or misdirected submissions, or for unauthorised human intervention, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, submissions. UNICEF is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the contest, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors.
If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of fraud, act of God, or any other factor beyond UNICEF’s reasonable control, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, UNICEF reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest without prior notice.
Participants may withdraw their submissions by sending written notice to email@example.com.
THANK YOU FOR SHOWING YOUR SUPPORT TO BEING KIND TO ONE ANOTHER ONLINE!